Monday, October 19, 2015


Novice B at HVOC Trial in Escondido, Oct. 18, 2015.

I was absolutely delighted with Devon's attention and teamwork under Judge Cathy Dutra.  We were the first dog to perform in the class and we placed 1st in a class of 17 Novice dogs with 197.5.



I absolutely have no idea where we lost so many 1/2  points.  After awards I did ask the judge, and she told me it was halts and our front in the recall.  Okay...

Nevertheless, the promise is there and I'm over the top delighted.  We also showed in Pre-Utility.  Again, Devon did a wonderful job; however, we did not qualify:-(    During Signals I left him in a stand, but when I reached the other end of the ring and turned around, he was sitting scratching.  I simply gave him a verbal 'stand' and we continued with style.

Plan to stay in Novice all of October, for sure.  Perhaps longer.  He really needs ring time, something very short on demand here in So. Cal.

No comments:

Post a Comment